Madeline Pantoja, a 20-year-old woman who was found dead in a field after a 10-day search, has undergone an autopsy. The results of the autopsy have not yet been released, but police say they believe Pantoja was murdered. Her ex-boyfriend, Mario Juan Chacon Jr., has been charged with her murder.
Madeline Pantoja Autopsy
- 20-year-old Madeline Pantoja was reported missing, leading to a 10-day search.
- Mario Juan Chacon Jr., 24, was arrested in connection with her disappearance and subsequent death.
The Initial Alert and Investigation
- Friends and family contacted the police when they hadn’t heard from Pantoja since the previous day.
- Friend Jasmine Hernandez went to check on Pantoja but found no response.
- Hernandez noticed Pantoja’s phone, purse, keys, and dog left inside the apartment.
- A missing piece of furniture, a black coffee table, was also observed.
Relationship between Pantoja and Chacon
- Pantoja and Chacon had been dating but recently broke up.
- Arguments between the couple occurred on May 10.
- Chacon called Pantoja’s brother seeking contact with her, but she sounded upset and did not respond to texts.
Chacon’s Response and Suspicious Findings
- Friends and family contacted Chacon, who appeared unconcerned and mentioned having witnesses to verify his alibi.
- Officers investigating Pantoja’s apartment found a dirty bucket of water, a sticky floor, and a missing bedspread.
- A dark red stain was discovered on a bedsheet, and damaged doors with attached hair were also found.
Witness Testimony and Chacon’s Statements
- A neighbor reported hearing arguments and a woman screaming from inside Pantoja’s apartment.
- Chacon initially claimed to have been home all night but later admitted driving to Pantoja’s apartment complex.
- Surveillance cameras placed Chacon’s vehicle in the area during the timeframe Pantoja went missing.
Polygraph Test Refusal and Phone Records
- Chacon was asked to take a polygraph test but declined.
- Investigators obtained Chacon’s phone records, which showed his presence in a one-mile area where Pantoja’s remains were discovered.
Discovery of Pantoja’s Remains and Arrest
- Texas Rangers located Pantoja’s remains in the area searched based on Chacon’s phone records.
- Her identity was confirmed by her jewelry found with the remains.
- Pantoja’s body was taken to Dallas for an autopsy.
- Chacon was charged with murder and remained in custody on $3,000,000 bond.