If you are interested in purchasing a Pitbull dog, you have come to the right place. We have compiled the most comprehensive and reliable information about Pitbull dog prices in India in 2023. Our goal is to provide you with all the necessary details, including their lifespan, size, buying guide, and more.
If you are unfamiliar with the appearance of Pitbull dogs, don’t worry. We have included visuals to help you visualize what these dogs look like. Our aim is to ensure that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision when it comes to adding a Pitbull dog to your family.
Pitbull Dog Price in India
The price of a Pitbull puppy in India can range from ₹25,000 to ₹80,000. The price will vary depending on the breeder, the pedigree of the dog, and the location of the sale. Purebred Pitbulls will typically cost more than mixed-breed Pitbulls. Pitbull puppies that are sold in major cities will also cost more than those that are sold in smaller towns.
Here are some factors that can affect the price of a Pitbull puppy in India:
- Breeder: The price of a Pitbull puppy will vary depending on the breeder. Reputable breeders will typically charge more for their puppies than backyard breeders.
- Pedigree: The price of a Pitbull puppy will also vary depending on the pedigree of the dog. Purebred Pitbulls will typically cost more than mixed-breed Pitbulls.
- Location: The price of a Pitbull puppy will also vary depending on the location of the sale. Pitbull puppies that are sold in major cities will typically cost more than those that are sold in smaller towns.
In the below given table, I will provide you a list of all India’s main city list alongwith the price of Pitbull dog
|₹30,500 to ₹44,500
|₹28,000 to ₹41,500
|₹28,000 to ₹42,500
|₹29,500 to ₹43,000
|₹29,500 to ₹41,500
|₹27,00 to ₹36,000
|₹25,500 to ₹36,000
|₹27,500 to ₹40,500
|₹25,000 to ₹37,000
|₹25,000 to ₹37,000
|₹30,500 to ₹44,500
|₹25,500 to ₹36,000
Annual Cost of Pitbull Dog includes vet, food and more
Here is a breakdown of the average annual cost of owning a Pitbull dog in India:
- Food and treats: Pitbulls are large dogs and require a high-quality diet. This can cost anywhere from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 6,000 per month.
- Vet care: Pitbulls are generally healthy dogs, but they still need regular vet care. This includes vaccinations, checkups, and any necessary treatments. This can cost anywhere from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,000 per year.
- Grooming: Pitbulls have short hair and don’t require a lot of grooming. However, they should be brushed regularly and bathed as needed. This can cost anywhere from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1,000 per year.
- Other expenses: Other expenses associated with owning a Pitbull dog can include toys, bedding, collars, leashes, and training. These expenses can vary depending on your individual needs and preferences.
The average annual cost of owning a Pitbull dog in India is around Rs. 10,000. However, this cost can vary depending on your individual circumstances. If you are on a tight budget, there are ways to save money on owning a dog. For example, you can buy food in bulk, groom your dog yourself, and train your dog yourself.
How to find a reputable breeder in your area
Here are some tips on how to find a reputable breeder in your area:
- Ask your veterinarian for recommendations. Your veterinarian is likely to know of reputable breeders in your area.
- Contact your local breed club. Breed clubs can often provide you with a list of reputable breeders.
- Search online. There are a number of websites that can help you find reputable breeders.
- Beware of puppy mills. Puppy mills are commercial breeding facilities that often neglect their animals. Avoid breeders who sell puppies from puppy mills.
When you’re looking for a reputable breeder, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- The breeder should be knowledgeable about the breed of dog you’re interested in.
- The breeder should be willing to answer all of your questions about the breed and the puppies.
- The breeder should provide you with a health guarantee for the puppies.
- The breeder should allow you to visit the puppies’ home and meet the parents of the puppies.
Characteristics of the Pitbull Breed
Pit bulls are a type of dog that has been bred for centuries for their strength, athleticism, and loyalty. They are known for their friendly and affectionate personalities, and they make great companions for both children and adults.
Here are some of the key characteristics of the pit bull breed:
- Size and appearance: Pit bulls are medium- to large-sized dogs, with a muscular build and short, smooth coats. They can come in a variety of colors, including black, white, brindle, fawn, blue, red, brown, tan, and gray.
- Temperament: Pit bulls are generally known for being friendly, affectionate, and loyal dogs. They are good with children and other pets, and they make great companions for active families. However, it is important to note that all dogs have individual personalities, and some pit bulls may be more aggressive than others.
- Training and exercise: Pit bulls are intelligent dogs that are easy to train. They are also very active dogs, and they need plenty of exercise to stay healthy and happy. A good daily walk or jog, as well as some playtime in the yard, is essential for any pit bull.
- Health: Pit bulls are generally healthy dogs, but they are prone to some health conditions, such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and hereditary eye diseases. It is important to take your pit bull to the vet for regular checkups to monitor their health and catch any potential problems early.
If you are considering getting a pit bull, it is important to do your research and find a reputable breeder. Pit bulls can make great companions, but they are not the right dog for everyone. If you are looking for a loving and loyal dog that is also active and easy to train, then a pit bull may be the perfect breed for you.
Pitbull Breed General Appearance
- Medium to large size: Pit bulls are medium to large-sized dogs, with a muscular build. They typically weigh between 30 and 60 pounds and stand 17 to 21 inches tall at the shoulder.
- Short, smooth coat: Pit bulls have a short, smooth coat that comes in a variety of colors, including black, white, brindle, fawn, blue, red, brown, tan, and gray.
- Broad head: Pit bulls have a broad head with a short, wide muzzle. Their eyes are typically dark brown and their ears are either cropped or natural.
- Short tail: Pit bulls have a short, thick tail that is usually carried low.
- Muscular build: Pit bulls have a muscular build with well-developed shoulders and hindquarters. They are very strong dogs and are known for their athleticism.
Is Pitbulls banned in India
Yes, pitbulls are banned in India. In 2022, the Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) banned 11 breeds of dogs, including pitbulls, due to a rise in dog bite cases. The other breeds banned are:
- Dogo Argentino
- Neapolitan Mastiff
- Presa Canario
- American Bulldog
- Fila Brasileiro
- Cane Corso
The ban states that anyone found to be keeping a banned breed of dog will be fined ₹10,000 (US$124) and the dog will be confiscated.
There is some debate about the effectiveness of the ban. Some people believe that it will help to reduce dog bite cases, while others believe that it is unfair to punish responsible dog owners.
Things to consider before buying a Pitbull dog
Pitbulls are a popular breed of dog, known for their loyalty, intelligence, and playful personalities. However, they can also be a handful, and it is important to consider all of the factors involved before bringing one into your home. Here are some things to think about:
- Energy level: Pitbulls are high-energy dogs that need plenty of exercise. They will not be content to be left alone all day, and they may become destructive if they are not properly exercised.
- Training: Pitbulls are intelligent dogs that are easy to train. However, they can also be stubborn, so it is important to be patient and consistent with your training.
- Socialization: Pitbulls need to be socialized from a young age to avoid aggression. This means exposing them to different people, animals, and environments.
- Grooming: Pitbulls are moderate shedders, and they will need to be brushed regularly. They also need to have their nails trimmed and their ears cleaned on a regular basis.
- Health: Pitbulls are generally healthy dogs, but they are prone to some health conditions, such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and allergies.
- Cost: The cost of owning a pitbull can vary depending on factors such as food, vet care, and training. However, you can expect to spend at least $1,000 per year on your pet.
Best Time To Buy A Pitbull Dog In India
The best time to buy a pitbull dog in India is during the spring or fall. This is when the weather is mild and there is less risk of heatstroke or hypothermia. It is also a good time to buy because there are often more puppies available.
Here are some of the factors to consider when buying a pitbull dog in India:
- Price: Pitbull dogs can range in price from a few thousand rupees to tens of thousands of rupees. The price will depend on the breeder, the quality of the dog, and the location.
- Breeder: It is important to buy a pitbull dog from a reputable breeder. Reputable breeders will have health-tested their dogs and will be able to provide you with information about the dog’s parents and temperament.
- Temperament: Pitbull dogs are generally known for their friendly and affectionate temperament. However, it is important to socialize your dog from a young age to ensure that it is well-behaved around other people and animals.
- Space requirements: Pitbull dogs are medium-sized dogs that require moderate exercise. They are not suitable for apartment living unless you are able to provide them with plenty of exercise outdoors.
- Grooming: Pitbull dogs have short, smooth coats that are easy to groom. However, they do shed a moderate amount of hair.
Feeding Guide For PitBull Puppies & Adults
ere is a feeding guide for pitbull puppies and adults:
- Puppies under 4 months old should eat 4 meals per day.
- Puppies between 4 and 6 months old should eat 3 meals per day.
- Puppies over 6 months old should eat 2 to 3 meals per day.
Puppies need a diet that is high in protein and fat. A good puppy food will have at least 22% protein and 8% fat. You can also give your puppy small amounts of fruits and vegetables as treats.
- Adult pitbulls should eat 1 to 2 cups of food per day.
- The amount of food your adult pitbull needs will depend on its size, activity level, and age.
Adult pitbulls need a diet that is high in protein and moderate in fat. A good adult food will have at least 18% protein and 5% fat. You can also give your adult pitbull small amounts of fruits and vegetables as treats.
It is important to avoid giving your pitbull table scraps. Table scraps can be high in fat and calories, which can lead to obesity.
You should also avoid giving your pitbull bones. Bones can splinter and cause internal injuries.
If you are unsure about what to feed your pitbull, be sure to consult with your veterinarian.
Common Health Problems of Pit Bulls
Pit bulls are generally healthy dogs, but like all breeds, they can be prone to certain health issues. Some of the most common health problems in pit bulls include:
- Hip dysplasia: This is a condition in which the hip joints do not fit together properly, which can cause pain, lameness, and arthritis.
- Patella luxation: This is a condition in which the kneecap slips out of place, which can cause pain, lameness, and arthritis.
- Allergies: Pit bulls can be allergic to a variety of things, including food, pollen, dust mites, and fleas. Allergies can cause skin irritation, itching, and hair loss.
- Thyroid disease: Pit bulls can develop hypothyroidism, which is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Hypothyroidism can cause weight gain, hair loss, and skin problems.
- Cataracts: Cataracts are a clouding of the lens in the eye that can cause vision loss.
- Heart disease: Pit bulls can develop a variety of heart diseases, including cardiomyopathy, which is a disease of the heart muscle.
- Cerebellar hypoplasia: This is a condition that affects the cerebellum, which is the part of the brain that controls balance and coordination. Cerebellar hypoplasia can cause a variety of problems, including wobbly gait, tremors, and difficulty walking.
It is important to take your pit bull to the veterinarian for regular checkups so that any health problems can be detected early and treated. With proper care, most pit bulls can live long and healthy lives.
Here are some tips for helping to keep your pit bull healthy:
- Feed your pit bull a healthy diet.
- Keep your pit bull up to date on vaccinations.
- Take your pit bull for regular walks and exercise.
- Keep your pit bull’s environment clean and free of hazards.
- Monitor your pit bull for any signs of illness or injury.
Types of pitbull dogs
Here are some of the most common types of pit bull dogs without images:
- American Pit Bull Terrier: This is the most common type of pit bull. They are known for their muscular build, short coats, and friendly temperaments.
- American Staffordshire Terrier: This breed is very similar to the American Pit Bull Terrier, but it is not recognized by the American Kennel Club.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier: This breed is native to England and is known for its stocky build, short coats, and playful personalities.
- American Bully: This breed is a newer type of pit bull that is bred for its large size, muscular build, and tough appearance.
Temperament of the pitbull dogs
Pit bulls are known for their loving and affectionate nature. They are typically good with children and other pets, and they make great family companions. However, it is important to note that all dogs, regardless of breed, have the potential to be aggressive. It is important to socialize and train your pit bull from a young age to ensure that they are well-behaved and safe around others.
Here are some of the key characteristics of a pit bull’s temperament:
- Loyal and affectionate: Pit bulls are fiercely loyal to their owners and love to cuddle. They are often described as “velcro dogs” because they want to be close to their people at all times.
- Playful and energetic: Pit bulls are high-energy dogs that need plenty of exercise. They love to play fetch, go for walks, and run around.
- Smart and trainable: Pit bulls are very intelligent dogs that are eager to please. They can be trained to do a variety of tasks, including obedience, agility, and therapy work.
- Good with children: Pit bulls are generally good with children. They are gentle and patient, and they love to play. However, it is important to supervise all interactions between children and dogs, regardless of breed.
Overall, pit bulls are loving, affectionate, and loyal dogs. They make great family companions, but they do require plenty of exercise and training. With proper socialization and training, pit bulls can be wonderful pets.
Are Pitbulls dangerous
Pit bulls are not inherently dangerous. They are a type of dog that has been bred for strength and athleticism, and they can be very loving and affectionate. However, like any dog, they can be aggressive if they are not properly socialized and trained.
A 2013 study by the American Temperament Test Society found that pit bulls had a passing rate of 87.4%, which is higher than the average for all breeds (82.5%). This study suggests that pit bulls are not more likely to be aggressive than other breeds.
It is important to remember that dog bites are often caused by fear or frustration. If a dog is not properly socialized, it may be more likely to bite if it feels threatened or scared. It is also important to remember that all dogs, regardless of breed, have the potential to be aggressive.
If you are considering getting a pit bull, it is important to do your research and find a reputable breeder or rescue organization. You should also be prepared to provide your dog with plenty of exercise and training. With proper care and training, pit bulls can make wonderful companions.
Here are some tips for keeping your pit bull safe and well-behaved:
- Socialize your dog from a young age. This will help them get used to being around other people and animals.
- Start training your dog early. This will help them learn basic obedience commands and develop good habits.
- Provide your dog with plenty of exercise. This will help them stay healthy and reduce the risk of boredom or frustration.
- Be a responsible owner. This means being aware of your dog’s behavior and taking steps to prevent problems.
How do I train a pitbull dog
Pit bulls are intelligent and eager to please dogs, which makes them relatively easy to train. However, they can also be strong and stubborn, so it’s important to be patient and consistent with your training. Here are some tips on how to train a pit bull:
- Start training early. The sooner you start training your pit bull, the better. Puppies are more impressionable and easier to train than adult dogs.
- Use positive reinforcement. Pit bulls respond best to positive reinforcement, such as praise, treats, and toys. Avoid using punishment, as this can make your dog fearful or aggressive.
- Be consistent. It’s important to be consistent with your training. If you give your dog mixed signals, they will become confused and less likely to obey your commands.
- Break down tasks into small steps. Pit bulls can be easily overwhelmed, so it’s important to break down tasks into small steps. This will make the training process more manageable for both you and your dog.
- Make training fun. Training should be a fun and positive experience for both you and your dog. If your dog is not having fun, they are less likely to want to learn.
- Get professional help if needed. If you are having trouble training your pit bull, consider getting professional help from a dog trainer or behaviorist.
With patience, consistency, and positive reinforcement, you can train your pit bull to be a well-behaved and loving member of your family.
Here are some specific commands that you may want to train your pit bull:
- Sit. This is a basic command that all dogs should know. To teach your dog to sit, hold a treat in front of their nose and slowly move it up and over their head. As they follow the treat with their nose, their hindquarters will naturally lower to the ground. Once they are sitting, say “sit” and give them the treat.
- Stay. This command is useful for keeping your dog from running off or getting into trouble. To teach your dog to stay, have them sit in front of you. Hold a treat in front of their nose and say “stay.” Slowly take a step back, keeping the treat in front of their nose. If they stay, give them the treat. Repeat this, gradually taking more steps back. Eventually, you will be able to walk away from your dog and they will stay in place.
- Come. This command is important for getting your dog back to you when they are off-leash. To teach your dog to come, have them sit in front of you. Hold a treat in your hand and say “come.” As they come towards you, give them the treat. Repeat this, gradually increasing the distance between you and your dog. Eventually, you will be able to call your dog from across the room and they will come running.
Pros and Cons of keeping a Pitbull dog as a pet in India
Pitbulls are a popular breed of dog in India, but they also come with some potential drawbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of keeping a pitbull as a pet in India:
- Pitbulls are very loyal and affectionate dogs. They make great companions for people of all ages.
- Pitbulls are very intelligent and easy to train. They can be trained to perform a variety of tasks, such as obedience, agility, and therapy work.
- Pitbulls are very active dogs and need plenty of exercise. This can be a good thing for people who are looking for a workout partner.
- Pitbulls are relatively low-maintenance dogs. They don’t require a lot of grooming and are not prone to many health problems.
- Pitbulls have a reputation for being aggressive dogs. This is due to their history as fighting dogs. However, it is important to remember that all dogs are individuals and should not be judged based on their breed.
- Pitbulls can be large and powerful dogs. This can make them a challenge to control, especially for inexperienced owners.
- Pitbulls are not allowed in some apartment buildings and other housing complexes.
- Pitbulls can be expensive to insure.
Awesome Fact About Pitbull Dog In India
Here are some awesome facts about pitbull dogs in India:
- Pitbulls are the second most popular breed of dog in India, after Labrador Retrievers.
- Pitbulls are often used as therapy dogs in India. They are known for their gentle nature and their ability to provide comfort and support to people who are sick or injured.
- Pitbulls are also popular among Indian police and military forces. They are used for a variety of tasks, including tracking, drug detection, and crowd control.
- Pitbulls are a relatively new breed in India. They were first brought to the country in the early 20th century.
- Pitbulls are not banned in India. However, there are some restrictions on their ownership. For example, pitbulls are not allowed in some apartment buildings and other housing complexes.
- Pitbulls are a great choice for a pet in India. They are loyal, affectionate, and easy to train. They are also relatively low-maintenance dogs.
Here are some additional facts about pitbull dogs:
- Pitbulls are a type of terrier dog. They were originally bred for bull-baiting, a blood sport that was outlawed in England in 1835.
- Pitbulls are known for their muscular build, short coats, and large heads. They can weigh anywhere from 30 to 60 pounds and stand up to 20 inches tall at the shoulder.
- Pitbulls are typically black, brown, or white. However, they can also be found in a variety of other colors, including brindle, red, and blue.
- Pitbulls are known for their gentle and loving nature. They are loyal and affectionate dogs that make great companions for people of all ages.
- Pitbulls are also very intelligent and easy to train. They can be trained to perform a variety of tasks, including obedience, agility, and therapy work.
- Pitbulls are a relatively healthy breed of dog. However, they are prone to a few health problems, such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and hereditary deafness.
- Pitbulls have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
Thank you for reading our informative blog post about the Pitbull Dog Price in India in 2023. Our goal is to provide valuable information to individuals who are interested in adding a Pitbull to their family while ensuring that it remains an affordable option.
We understand the importance of acquiring a puppy from a reputable breeder who genuinely cares for and loves the animals. When you choose to purchase from such breeders, you can have confidence that your new furry friend will be a cherished companion for both you and your family. We encourage you to explore the option of adopting Pitbulls and Pitbull mixed breeds, and if you have any inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Here are some FAQs about Pitbull dogs in India:
- Are Pitbull dogs legal in India?
Yes, Pitbull dogs are legal in India. However, there are some restrictions on owning a Pitbull dog in certain states. For example, in Maharashtra, Pitbull dogs are banned in Mumbai and Pune. In Tamil Nadu, Pitbull dogs are banned in Chennai. It is important to check with the local authorities in your area to see if there are any restrictions on owning a Pitbull dog.
- How much does a Pitbull dog cost in India?
The price of a Pitbull dog in India varies depending on the breeder and the dog’s pedigree. A purebred American Pitbull Terrier can cost anywhere from ₹10,000 to ₹50,000. A mixed breed Pitbull dog can cost anywhere from ₹5,000 to ₹20,000.
- Where can I buy a Pitbull dog in India?
Pitbull dogs can be bought from breeders, pet stores, and online marketplaces. It is important to do your research before buying a Pitbull dog to make sure that you are getting a healthy and well-bred dog.
- What are the pros and cons of owning a Pitbull dog in India?
- Pitbull dogs are loyal and affectionate companions.
- They are intelligent and easy to train.
- They are good with children and other pets.
- They are relatively low-maintenance dogs.
- Pitbull dogs can be aggressive if they are not properly socialized.
- They are large and powerful dogs, which can make them dangerous if they are not properly trained.
- They have a high prey drive, which can make them dangerous for other animals.
- They are expensive to buy and maintain.
Overall, Pitbull dogs can be great pets for the right person. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks before bringing a Pitbull dog into your home.
- Pitbull dogs are a popular breed in India. They are often used as guard dogs and for competitive dog sports such as weight pulling and agility.
- Pitbull dogs are known for their strength, loyalty, and intelligence. They can be good with children and other pets, but they need early socialization and training to be well-behaved.
- Pitbull dogs are a relatively healthy breed, but they can be prone to certain health conditions such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and allergies.
- Pitbull dogs require regular exercise and grooming. They should be fed a high-quality diet and taken to the vet for regular checkups.